Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend Eats and Treats

Hello fabulous people!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter or wonderful spring weekend. I had to work on Friday morning, but Friday night we were able to go visit some friends and dye some eggs. I haven't done that in a couple years, and I forgot how much fun it is!




Saturday was lovely in that it was rainy and miserably damp outside...got some shopping and errands done with Handsome. He went into every store that I wanted to and waited patiently while I tried on clothes, and told me his opinions on everything, consoled me when I was having a bad "body" day, and even snuck out and bought me not one but TWO Easter cards and a chocolate bunny. He really is a treasure. When we got home that night, I made him Teriyaki Chicken from Jessica Seinfeld's Double Delicious!: Good, Simple Food for Busy, Complicated Lives. I highly recommend this cookbook for anyone, not just someone with kids. Handsome doesn't like to eat his veggies, but he loves everything that I've made from this cookbook or the other one, Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food. All the recipes are healthy, easy to make, and very tasty!  I made a few changes to the recipe (mainly because I was missing half the ingredients)...I used a mix of lemon and lime juice in place of the orange juice, a little extra carrot puree, and some honey. 
It was so delicious and so easy! Handsome told me to "make this again soon please"

For Easter Dessert, I decided to make Chocolate Cupcakes with Mocha Buttercream frosting.
I used Paula Deen's recipe for the cupcakes themselves, but I didn't make the filling and I modified the Joy of Cooking's Mocha frosting recipe:

1/2 c. unsalted butter, 1 2/3rds c. confectioner's sugar, 1/3 c. cocoa powder, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 3 tbsp. STRONG cooled coffee. Beat sifted sugar, cocoa powder, and butter together, then add remaining ingredients.

 About to go into the oven, right out of the oven, stacked and ready to frost, and my kitschy Easter liners.


Finished Cupcakes

(This post is part of a link-up party at A Well-Seasoned Life)


Handsome's family's brunch



Pictures from my Auntie Linda's house


 Pictures from Easter's Past and Present


Kindly, Kate xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kate, for linking up to A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Idulgences Sunday! The cupcakes look delicious! Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.