Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Beginning

I have a confession:
Until a few months ago, I had never read a blog.
Ever.
In fact, I didn't really know what they were.
But one day, during the deep dark New England winter, I was scanning through wedding websites (do all not-engaged-yet-but-hopefully-soon girls do this or is it just little old pathetic me?) and I saw an article about the Langs (of  Underaged and Engaged) and I fell in love. I seriously read every single post. Every one. I was bored, sick, and home alone with nothing else to do except eat chicken soup and and read, but still. They are just the cutest family- they write hilarious/heartwarming things and they take beautiful pictures! What more could a girl want?
After that, I started reading more and more, and before long I was checking in on about 10 blogs a day.
(Not in a creepy stalker way I promise). I love the freedom a blog offers, I love taking pictures, and I miss writing! The only writing I do these days is for my college classes, which means I can't write about my life, stories, family, etc. I miss getting comments back on my papers in high school and reading those funny stories out loud, so here's my chance!
The only experience I have with webpages is through an HTML class I took in high school, and I don't remember any of it. So Please Please Please give me comments, suggestions, critiques, and love!

Kindly, Kate

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. I can still remember when I first heard about blogging. I didn't get it for the life of me. I kept thinking why in the world would people do that. I didn't know what it was and had no interest in learning. I don't know what happened and how I actually got started but I found the most interesting craft blog and couldn't quit reading all her posts. I wanted more everyday. Then I started connecting with more people and realized how cool this was. This was a place that I could find hundreds of people out there that liked what I liked. I mean really, whats the chance of you just happening to have a neighbor that has the same things in common. This was amazing! That was almost 2 years ago and I'm still loving it. I made some of the best friends and love meeting new people. I was terrified that I wouldn't have anything to blog about but I'm so glad I jumped in. I hope you have as much fun as I have. (sorry for writing a whole book).

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this post. It's great to hear how and why different people get into blogging.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.