Thursday, February 28, 2013

Some news...

So, this happened.



Can I just be girly about it for a sec? *Squeal*!!!! 

Okay, I'm done. But seriously, YAY! 

Shmeeguel proposed December 6th (the night we were celebrating his birthday). I made dinner, which deserves it's own post because I'm pretty sure it's a surefire meal on how to make someone propose, and then we changed into our pjs and started watching Big Bang Theory on the couch. A Jared's commercial came on tv depicting a proposal actually taking place in a Jared's store, and I mentioned to him that I would hate that because strangers would be watching you and it seemed impersonal. "But I still have 6 more months, right?" says He (about our pretend rule that we always have 6 more months until we'll get engaged). And I say, "No, you only have until New Years, and then I'm gonna start taking bids from other guys". And he gets all pretend huffy and then says, "I definitely have until New Years?" and I say yes…

And then he takes the ring out of his pocket and says,
"How about now?"

I kid you not. 

Oh, how I love this guy.

July 26th, 2014 is our date. We're pretty excited about it. 

P.S. You're going to have to deal with a lot more wedding posts, because you better believe that I am DIYing out the wahzoo. I can't wait to show you some of the projects that I'm working on! But I'm still going to continue with recipes and other DIY's and photography and fun stuff like that. I'm back!!!

xoxo, Kate

3 comments:

  1. That story is AWESOME. Love it! THank you for sharing it! Kate, you should check out my wife Jasmine's wedding planning pinboard on Pinterest. It's UH-MAZING. Her taste is incredible...just sayin'. She's already technically my wife because we had a tiny, quasi-elopement last year, but our full on real deal wedding is on August 4th :).

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops...forgot the link: http://pinterest.com/jasminajp/wedding/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your ring i stunning. I got engaged just over a month ago, so I know all about the wedding planning excitement.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.