Friday, January 27, 2012

Some Weekend Recipes for Trying…If you're anything like me.

This week, it has been terribly grey and rainy, with the exception of one nice, 57 degree day! I mean, 57 is a big deal around here in the middle of January. I spent it painting indoors, and have no pictures to show you of our hard work, because it was in someone else's house. All you need to know is sage green and J. Bieber purple. BUT I did do several other things this week of TERRIBLE importance. I got accepted to Western Governor's University! I decided that going to school almost two hours away from anything interesting was really not my style, so now I'll be online working on my BA in Early Childhood with Teacher Cert. I also went to Target, one of my very favoritest stores, and bought 3 shirts, some jeans, a Patriot's Jersey ($7.48? I'll take it.), and some lovely green totes to organize all of my old greeting cards/mementos/pictures that I can't bear to part with. The REALLY interesting part of my week is when I finally made two cookie recipes from my Pinterest account:

I got this bad boy over at Divine Baking. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, but no butter and no flour? They're practically a health food. I'm joking. Kinda. But they're AMAZING! Definitely undercook them, because you want that gooey-ness you see in the picture. If you overbake them they're still good but a little hard and chewy.

I got these at LDS Living. They're Lemon Crinkle Cookies this time, but with butter and flour. Very soft, very lemony (but I added more juice and leon zest than called for. Okay, let's be honest, I didn't measure the zest or juice. But I used a lot.). These are an underbake or overbake choice- The overbake produces a crispier cookie and the underbake, well, I'm sure you can figure it out. I also added a little lemon confectioner's sugar glaze.

I didn't take any pictures of either cookie, because they were gone too fast. Yes, they are that good. Go make them! NOW! Or don't, and enjoy this lovely quote I found while cleaning out my desk yesterday.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

Have a fantastic weekend full of homemade cookies and summery thoughts!
xoxo, Kate

1 comment:

  1. I repinned those chocolate crinkle cookies from your Pinterest board awhile ago, but I have yet to try them. This might be the push I need to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.