Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smoothies

Recently I've been OBSESSED with making my own smoothies- breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner...etc.
My basic formula has been frozen mixed berries (Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries), frozen banana chunks (I cut them up myself as soon as I get them home- I prefer them with a little green at the stem and no brown spots), skim milk or almond milk, Stonyfield Yogurt....and, TA DA-
...a handful of spinach! Yes, spinach. No taste at all, and I know I'm getting some extra nutrients in there. Sometime I throw in some flax seeds, flax oil, almond butter, or frozen mango. I just read a recipe on Pinterest that adds rolled oats to a smoothie- not sure about it but I'm going to try it!    





Terrible picture of the remnants of my smoothie

And yes, in case any of you were wondering, that's a Magic Bullet cup. Yes, I own a Magic Bullet. 
It's amazing. And it makes perfect one-serving smoothies.


P.S. If you like me and my blog, you'll love my boards on Pinterest
xoxo, Kate


                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.