Monday, August 22, 2011

Vow Renewal Post#1- All About the Music

Several months ago, my boyfriend's dad, Donnie, approached me about organizing a Vow Renewal ceremony for he and his wife Arlene, in celebration of their 30th Wedding Anniversary. If there's something I love, its organizing things. And of course, I wanted to share this every step of the way and what I was doing, but I'm not sure if she read's my blog and didn't want to overtly ask her (that seems pretentious, no?). So I started by contacting the cruiseline, and from there started the emails and phone calls back and forth with the planners. Because I'm so OCD about things like this (and I love Arlene and Donald!), I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. This definitely included the music playing at the  reception. I made a customized playlist for them, because what the cruiseline offered was too stuffy and boring. Their first dance song- "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg. (The same one they had at their wedding! This involved several phone calls where Donnie couldn't remember the title, and then called me to leave a singing message where he got the lyrics wrong, and then called me back with the actual title). 
The playlist:
"It Had to Be You" (Kenny G version)
"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers
"Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones
"The Best is Yet to Come" by Frank Sinatra
"At Last" by Etta James
"I've Grown Accustomed to His Face" by Diana Krall
"Turn Me On" by Norah Jones
"The Way You Look Tonight" by Michael Buble
"Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
"Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones
"You're Still the One" by Shania Twain
"Moondance" by Michael Buble
"Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra
"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?' by Bryan Adams
"Still the One" by Orleans
and finally, "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green

What songs must you have/what songs did you have at your wedding? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously. They're my favorite.